Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Pain Management and Acupuncture

Acupuncture may not be painful but too many people shiver and turn away from this powerful back pain treatment. If your Pain Management plan for lower back pain is just based on taking pain pills, give some thought to finding a professional and try acupuncture.

I just finished reading a report about a study of 11,630 people with chronic low back pain.

The patients who received acupuncture got up to 15 treatments during the three-month trial period. After that, the researchers followed up with them for another three months.

At the three-month mark, those who got acupuncture enjoyed substantially improved back function. In fact, twice as many acupuncture patients had less pain symptoms as the folks who hadn't got the needle treatment. Even at the six-month mark, at least half of the acupuncture group was still feeling the benefit.

These patients all agreed that the acupuncture did not hurt. They were able to give up pills and all the potentially bad side effects of those pills.

Your Pain Management plan should include at least a consultation on Acupuncture. Acupuncture has a good track record. The biggest problem I see is that most insurance will not cover the treatments. The second problem would be finding a professional.

until next time smile
Sharon
(c)copyright Answers For Your Health

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can attest that Acupuncture is a wonderful thing! I used to be terrified of the idea of being turned into a human pin cushion, but my boyfriend introduced me to an amazing Chinese doctor.

I now go on as regular basis as I can afford to go and it's amazing. When I'm in pain, or can't sleep, or my depression is acting up, it's a great way to combat things like that (and many other).

I even managed to get my dad to go when he had a badly pinched nerve in his shouler. He thinks all alternative health care is "voodoo", but he goes on a regular basis because he can now use his shoulder without pain.

The stuff works!!!

Blessings,
Morgana
www.thunderbirdsky.com/energy101

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home