Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Home Gym and Pilates

Now that I have a job working as a checker at a grocery store, I rarely see my family. I am supposed to be walking every day with my daughter but I usually only see her for an hour just before I leave. She also has a job working at Pizza Hut. We figure that we are walking for 5-6 hours a day.

We moved the bowflex into a room that makes it more available for use and should stop the oldest daughter from hanging her purses on it. I put the pilates mats next to it and there is a TV in the same room for those instructional videos. I was so tired after moving all that stuff I was too worn out to work out. Tomorrow is another day and I for one have the day off.

I think I prefer the Pilates over the Bowflex. Both build muscle but the Pilates is a long lean muscle rather than bulk. But I must admit the Bowflex is more fun.

Check out the latest entry on my ADHD blog.

The Many Faces of ADHD - ADHD the history of: "
I find the research on ADHD/ADD fascinating. The name for this disorder has changed several times and symptoms have been added to the current official DSM-III. If your disease or disorder is not listed in the DSM-III it does not exist.

If you want to know a little of the history of ADHD read on.

Although the symptoms of ADHD and ADD have been around probably forever, it was only recently that it was given the name Attention Deficit Disorder.

In 1902, the first documented diagnosis relating to impulsiveness was made by Dr. Still in Britain. He called this disorder 'Defect of Moral Control' and believed that the individual had a medical disorder beyond their control."

until next time smile
Sharon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home