Monday, June 05, 2006

New publicity for old cures Lemons and Honey

Drinking lemonade could help prevent painful kidney stones, new research shows, as reported by Health Day News.
Regular consumption of the refreshing drink - or even lemon juice mixed with water - may increase the production of urinary citrate, a chemical in urine that prevents the formation of crystals that may build up into kidney stones.
So conclude two studies presented at the American Urological Association annual meeting in Atlanta.
Kidney stones develop when minerals from urine crystallize and build up on the inside of the kidney. Although the results of these two studies indicate that lemonade therapy may offer a simple alternative treatment to people with kidney stones who can't tolerate taking potassium citrate, much more research needs to be conducted, the study authors concluded.

My 2 cents worth.
Don't drink that canned sugary powdered stuff. Lemons are cheap this time of the year. Go to the store and buy some fresh lovely lemons. After you squeeze that lemon into a glass of fresh water, put the rind down the garbage disposal and freshen it as well.

My grandmother used to make fresh lemonade with honey from her own hives in the garden. She also put in a single egg white and them whipped the lemonade. It was so light and frothy and just sweet enough. Too bad, these days I would not put a raw egg in anything unless it was going to be cooked before it went into my mouth.

Check out this link on a report on the benefits of buckwheat flour. Hey go to the health food store for some fresh buckwheat HONEY.


Entrez PubMed: "High protein buckwheat flour suppresses hypercholesterolemia in rats and gallstone formation in mice by hypercholesterolemic diet and body fat in rats because of its low protein digestibility."

I have started the blog on ADHD but have no sign up form yet. I should get the rss buttons uploaded today and then will put a sign up form. ADHD Trials and Triumphs

Missing my little grandkids so very much but my mother-in-law is taking up much of my time. Nothing like an extended visit from your mother-in-law to give you a lesson in all the things you are doing wrong with your family. Everything in life is a lesson and you must learn the lessons or they just keep repeating. And she is right about one thing. I do not cater to my husband's every wish and whim. He is perfectly capable of getting up and getting his own drink and he would not ask me to stop whatever I was doing and get him a drink. 4 more weeks.

until next time smile
Sharon
copyright (c) Answers For Your Health

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. Sometimes the oldest health practice is the best. I make sure to get a lot of lemon and honey, as well as vinegar from time to time. I also use Q-Ray bracelets to balance my body's energies.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home