Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Home Gym and Pilates

One of the most inexpensive things you can add to your home gym is a Pilates mat. Of course you will also have to get a Pilates vhs or dvd.


We have two mats and sometimes just spend a ridiculous amount of time laughing at each other. There are some moves that my daughter has a little difficulty with that are currently impossible for me. Ah youth.


None the less, I keep trying but I must admit that lately other things have been taking my time. Since I am a rather short person - 5 foot 3 inches - I love the description of long lean muscle that you get from Pilates.


The dvd that I have has two different people demonstrating how to do Pilates correctly. One is the beginner and the other for muscles that are getting in shape. Like any other exercise, you only get out of it what you put in it.


I read something very interesting the other day. We all know we should be eating cabbage. Now you can use the cabbage leaves on the outside of your body as well. What you do is take a couple of the outer leaves and roll them around to gently crush them a bit. Then warm them up in a microwave, wrap the leave around a painful joint, cover with a towel and relax for around 15 minutes.


The leaves contain anti-inflammatory compounds that will be absorbed into the joint. I am sure the warmth doesn't hurt either. At any rate it is worth the try. Most of you know by now that over-using over the counter ibuprofen can be very bad for your liver and can cause bleeding in your stomach.


Friend of mine writes a car repair newsletter. Please take a moment to check out this posting.

note oil on your carport

until next time smile
Sharon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home