Monday, March 13, 2006

ruidoso new mexico real estate

I was looking at what people are interested in reading about this morning and came across this term - ruidoso new mexico real estate. What a small world. I once upon a time long ago and far away - lived in a little town in New Mexico named Roswell. You may know it as the UFO town.

About an hour away up in the mountains is a lovely resort town Ruidoso. Thirty years ago I had the opportunity of buying a very nice large lot with a small cabin for $1,000. In my foolish youth I saw no reason to do so. That same lot today is selling for about 40,000.

I have spent many summers there at the race track and a few winters at the ski slopes. I have a time share there now that I paid more for than the lot and cabin.

I imagine we all have a similar story about a lost opportunity. As we grow older and have the chance to look back we can see a lot of miscalculations or just stupidity.

Our health falls in that same category. The lack of good nutrition and sleep contributed to all those small aches and pains we feel today. I can't still buy that lot for $1,000 but I can still make changes in my general health. I can repair the damage of sleepless weekends and so can you.

It is never too late to take advantage of the opportunity to invest in ourselves and our families. Begin with the mental attitude of positive acceptance of where you are knowing you can make it better. Add to that a healthy diet with lots of fruits and vegetables and throw in some exercise. Move your body. Get some hand weights and use them when you are watching TV. Take a break from the computer or your work desk and stretch and walk around for a few minutes.

If you are ever in New Mexico, take the time to check out Ruidoso. It has pure air, passable food and delightful people. The race track ain't bad either. Just a short distance away is Lincoln where you can visit the jail that Billy the Kid broke out of - you get to stick your finger in the bullet holes in the wall.

I love Texas, but I do miss the mountains.

Until next time - smile.
Sharon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home