Monday, February 20, 2006

Discover Credit Cards, Turtles, Heart Pain and Determination

Discover Credit Cards, Turtles, Heart Pain and Determination -- what do they have in common?

A turtle was walking down an alley in New York when he was
mugged by a gang of snails. A police detective came to investigate
and asked the turtle if he could explain what happened. The turtle
looked at the detective with a confused look on his face and replied
I don't know, it all happened so fast.


Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strength. When you go through hardship and decide not to surrender, that is strength.

-- Arnold Schwarzenegger --

Yes, there are times when something is legitimately not our fault. Blaming others, however, keeps us in a stuck state and is ultimately rough on our own self-esteem.

---Eric Allenbaugh Author of Wake-Up Calls---

Discover credit cards - well they have been very helpful in coming up with information on charges made in 2003 while my other credit card companies have not. The tax audit goes on. I have a meeting on March 7th to plead my case and provide more documentation in an acceptable format. Now I also have to provide acceptable format on the 2004 and 2005 taxes.

I feel like the turtle. I guess I have been hiding in my shell. I had no idea that I would have to account for every penny that went in and out of my bank account. Things like insurance payments and my daughter giving me a check to pay back on the things she wanted at the store and I bought and when she got paid she paid me back.

I have no receipts for things like that. I have only my word that she was paying me back and not giving me additional income. Now, poor thing, she has to come up with all her bank statement and cancelled checks to support my returns. Since neither of us has the funds to pay $2.00 a check we will wait until the IRS agent gives the bank a subpoena and then the bank has to do it for no charge -- per the IRS agent.

I collect turtles so I have many many of them around my office. Something like the stampede of turtles. Like the turtle I will just keep moving - slowly perhaps - toward my goals.

I have determination. I will get through this and I am learning a lot about record keeping. I may end up paying fines and penalties because I was foolish -- not criminal. I understand that ignorance does not excuse you from following all the rules. So I am continuing to learn the rules. I will find the strength to get up and get on with my life and my business.

Business - Have you had a chance to look at my new book on skin care?

Final note today. I read something very interesting in the newspaper yesterday about heart ache. There can be actual pain involved in a broken heart. Stress cardiomyopathy - chest pain, shortness of breath, even fluid in the lungs -- all caused by adrenaline and other hormones released by mental stress. The article said most people recover but some actually have a real heart attack .

So watch those stress levels. Talking about your stress may only make it worse - try going for a fast walk or scrubbing floors. That will refocus your brain and allow the adrenaline a way to be used up. Hey - a punching bag works great!

until next time - and there will be a next time - smile
Sharon

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

but for stress, a diamond would remain a lump of coal. You have certainly been thru the stress, so now you transform into that beautiful diamond!!

Diane

6:30 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I think no matter what way of moving toward your goals you choose, what is important is to reach it. I'm a purposeful person and respect people who achieve what they want.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home