Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Hoodia and the IRS

First, as promised my book Wrinkles and Over 40 Skin Care is on line.

I have been reading about a new diet pill that the FDA is going to approve for over the counter sales. Please note that this pill is basically a fat blocker and can interfere with your vitamin absorption. It can also produce some urgent bowel responses. In studies this pill, now currently sold as prescription only, produced a 4-5 pound difference in people on diets. The weight returned as soon as people stopped taking the pill. More important is the lack of vitamin absorption if the pill is taken incorrectly.

I heard a news reporter talking about Hoodia the other day. She said it did not curb her appetite. She felt it was just another fake cure all for weight loss. Now it is true that natives used Hoodia to control their appetite when on long hunting trips or when food was not plentiful. However, they did not use a pill, they chewed on the plant.

Heard about a lady who is using a parsley tea to cure her frequent urge to potty. Claims it will also cure bladder infections. She chops up the parsley and boils it, strains and drinks the tea and also eats the parsley. Says she sleeps the whole night through.

Ah the IRS - Thursday they will be coming to visit me. The audit will be conducted in my home office not their office. Guess they are going to measure the floor space and see if I have anything in my office that does not belong there. One thing is for sure - there is nothing like am impending tax audit to get you moving to clean up files and sort through papers. Of course there was also the search for tax records. I admit it - I am most unorganized. I ended up having to go to the bank to get copies of my monthly bank statements for 2003. Cost me $2.00 a sheet. Now that is a rip! Depending on what kind of receipts I have - I may have to go get copies of all the cancelled checks for 2003. My bank does not return the checks to me with my monthly statement. Who knows what that will cost.

Go see my book. Wrinkles and Over 40 Skin Care
You can read it free on line or if you get tired of reading on the computer screen, you can purchase the book for download to your own computer. When you buy the book I am throwing in a sunless tanning guide as a bonus.

On the subject of Skin and Self Image I have a couple of links for you to look at. Dove has set up a web site to help the self image of girls. Campaign for Real Beauty
Both links are worth your time to check out.

Wish me luck for Thursday. The 2 grand daughters will be in the other room for at least half the time the auditor is here. Once that is out of the way, it will be back to writing and working to add more information for you to the web site. I am already thinking about another book.

until next time - smile
Sharon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home