Wednesday, June 22, 2005

High Blood Pressure

I find I must deal with High Blood Pressure. I went to the doctor for an ingrown toe nail and got a lecture on my blood pressure. Up in the 160 range. I have to go back on the 24th for a "well" physical. At that time the doctor will discuss the results of 6 vials of blood they drew and my blood pressure.

One of the things they will look at is my thyroid. Thyroid disfunction can cause high blood pressure. I know they plan on putting me on medicine. I plan on not needing that medicine.

I was instructed to take my blood pressure 4 times a day. Now I am not driving 20 miles 4 times a day to the doctor. Talk about raising my blood pressure. I bought a small electric blood pressure monitor. I am keeping a record to take in.

I stopped taking the fiber pill I have been using for the last 6 months - it has licorice in it. I know better. Licorice can raise blood pressure if used more than 6 weeks in a row. I also added Magnesium, Lecithin, and CoQ10 to my supplements.

I am pleased to report that my pressure is now down significantly so. Today I am 123/81. Now it is up higher when I first get up.

I did an article in my newsletter on high blood pressure - check it out at

Newsletter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home