Saturday, August 11, 2007

Actions and Results

Did you ever take some action that was supposed to bring wonderful results? Might have been a lose weight program or a build muscle program or a Christmas savings account.

Lets take for granted that any action you take is supposed to bring wonderful results into your life.

We have two large Live Oak trees in our front yard. One of them is right next to the drive way and I was really getting tired of the birds decorating my car every day. So we decided to trim off a very large branch - no more over hang on the drive.

It was a most interesting series of events not to mention that we almost crushed our pop-up camper.

Finished and the branch is gone and my car is graffiti free.

Most mornings my routine is to take a cup of coffee outside on the front porch. I fill the bird feeder and then relax and plan my day and watch the birds eat. I have a squirrel that has figured out how to climb down the wire hanger to get the seed so he is fun to watch too.

If you know anything about Live Oak trees, you know that they drop leaves all year round.I have to sweep the sidewalk in front of my porch. I don't do it everyday, just when the leaves start gathering on my porch.

It finally made it through to my brain -- the sidewalk, under a tree branch, is now covered with the bird decorations. That branch will have to be trimmed also. It is touching the roof so it does need to be cut back.

My point is, although the original goal was achieved, the results were less than satisfactory.

If we had thought it through, we would have trimmed the other branch as well. Now we will have to repeat our actions.

So consider, is the diet program going to bring you the results you want or will you have to take additional action in adding an exercise program? You are concerned with heart health so you exercise every day, but have you cut the sugar and excess fat from your diet?

And the Christmas savings program - did you follow through with a deposit every payday? Hey, Christmas is only 4 months away - is it going to be a cash Christmas or a credit card Christmas?

Take action, but take the time to try and see what the results of that action will be.

*****

Jokes from the friendly call center support desk:

Actual call center conversations!

Customer: 'I've been calling 700-1000 for two days and can't get through; can you help?'
Operator: 'Where did you get that number, sir?'
Customer: 'It's on the door of your business.'
Operator: 'Sir, those are the hours that we are open.'

Samsung Electronics
Caller: 'Can you give me the telephone number for Jack?'
Operator: 'I'm sorry, sir, I don't understand who you are talking about.'
Caller: 'On page 1, section 5, of the user guide it clearly states that I need to unplug the fax machine from the AC wall socket and telephone Jack before cleaning. Now, can you give me the number for Jack?'
Operator: 'I think it means the telephone plug on the wall.'

Then there was the caller who asked for a knitwear company in Woven.
Operator: 'Woven? Are you sure?'
Caller: 'Yes. That's what it says on the label -- Woven in Scotland.'

Tech Support: 'I need you to right-click on the Open Desktop.'
Customer: 'OK.'
Tech Support: 'Did you get a pop-up menu?'
Customer: 'No.'
Tech Support: 'OK. Right-Click again. Do you see a pop-up menu?'
Customer: 'No.'
Tech Support: 'OK, sir. Can you tell me what you have done up until this point?'
Customer: 'Sure. You told me to write 'click' and I wrote 'click'.'

until next time - smile----and take a moment today to say Thank You to someone in your life.

Sharon
(c)copyright Answers For Your Health

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home