Thursday, January 11, 2007

Stressed - Let Someone Else Do It

After an accident, a woman stepped forward and prepared to help
the victim. She was asked to step aside by a man who announced,
"Step back please! I've had a course in first aid and I'm
trained in CPR."

The woman watched his procedures for a few moments, then tapped
him on the shoulder.

"When you get to the part about calling a doctor," she said,
"I'm already here!"

*********
I love this joke on more than one level. Today that level is stress. Are you trying to do more than you need to do? Is there someone else more qualified or even just someone who has a little more time than you do?

Why are you trying to do it all? Ok there is a question of self - esteem. You want those around you to know that you are the best. There is a question of control. They won't do it your way or to your specifications.

If in the past you have done it all, then THEY already know how good you are. Now it is time to step aside and let them have a chance to become great. You can even explain to them if necessary that you are stepping aside on any given issue to allow them to develop their skills.

Accept that what you try to control is in reality controlling you.

Unless you have some compulsive obsessive issues, it really is not that hard to let go of your way and see how someone else's way can work. It does not mean that you are less, it means that you are opening the time to advance yourself. It means that you are fulfilling the ulitmate purpose we all have which is to be - a teacher.

If you know CPR -- great. Use it when there is no doctor, use it while waiting for the ambulance. But, don't assume that no one else knows CPR and don't assume that you are the only one who can save the situation.

Personal note about me - I have a certain way that I clean the kitchen after a meal. No one else in my family does it quite the same. I have tried to do it all the time to avoid getting angry because it was not done to my specs. I have let go.

I do not like that the stove top is not wiped, but I remind the person who cleaned that wiping the stove is necessary to avoid food poisoning. I do not like that the floor is not swept but I have been told that since I sweep in the morning, why do it at night.

Since I work nights, there is no choice. Others in my family must cook and clean. Because I do not step in when I get home and fix what was left undone, I believe they are getting better.

My daughters clean like my mother did. I guess it is natural for every generation to rebel against the previous and do things different.

Will the house fall down because it is not cleaned my way? No and I have learned to turn a blind eye and I am a much happier person. You ought to see how well a 4 year old can make a bed!

until next time - smile
Sharon
(c)copyright Answers For Your Health

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home