Monday, November 28, 2005

Managing Time

Whew, a week since my last post. Having all the family home for the Thanksgiving holiday really threw my time managing skills out the window. And did I say I was finished with Christmas shopping?

First, it was great - we played games, and visited. We watched movies until early morn. We ate and then ate again.

The down side, I am sorting thru 100's of emails. The house is only about 1/2 clean. The laundry is almost caught up. AND - I did not get any articles finished.

I hate feeling like I must do catch-up. I love the idea that you are never behind - you are just where you are.

I am currently reading a book written around 1900 about time management. He feels that everything revolves around MIND management. The book was written for men (obviously he knew that women already know time management).

Consider this - ...you cannot draw on the future so it is impossible to get into debt. You can only waste the passing moment. You cannot waste tomorrow; it is kept for you. Time is delivered the same moment to each person and each person gets the same amout -24 hours.

You cannot buy time, you cannot sell time. Time is the ultimate gift renewed every day.

We all feel that our days are over crowded and stressful. The idea of trying to rearrange and fit in more is beyond reason. Yet, we all manage to fit in the extras that are pleasant or profitable.

The idea is to do more with your mind each moment. By training your mind to focus on a single idea for more than just a few minutes, you can increase your productivity even when you are not "working" with your physical body. Let your mind work out the solution to a problem while you are busy driving the car or sweeping the floor.

So - while I am busy cleaning house, my mind can just come up with a way that I can still meet my article deadline - so far it is just saying forget sleep. There must be a better solution.

Until next time - smile

Sharono

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home