Thursday, February 17, 2005

KEEPING YOUR SANITY

This is one of those days when I wonder about the sanity of my life. Perhaps I just want to get off the merry-go-round.

The spam in my email is increasing. The children have too much energy and I am tired of playing chase. I have a newsletter to publish and I am trying to update my web site.

Ok, nothing I can do about the spam. Some of it is even funny. Thank God the children are healthy and I appreciate the exercise. The newsletter, well we all know that getting a newsletter delivered by email is a miracle in itself. If it is published late, a lot of people won’t even know. The update to the web site is an ongoing event.

Ahh, sanity restored.

Sometimes, we just need to stop a moment and consider just what it is we are stressing about. Is there anything we can do to make a change? Is it really something we want to change? Did that last cup of coffee set the nerves on edge?

If you are overwhelmed, stop for a moment. Breathe deeply and slowly. Now, you can deal with whatever is happening. Take the most important item and take care of that – then move on to the next item. Don’t take shortcuts and quick fixes that just have to be corrected.

Stop trying to live your life in one day. Living is a continuous process of learning and doing and trying and forgiving and sometimes not reaching your goals today. That’s why there is a tomorrow. That’s why there are seasons. Nature may blend them, but there is a definite time to grow and a definite time to rest and always time to appreciate the now.

So, I think I will go have a cup of Kava tea, relax, and then start again. How about you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home