Saturday, February 12, 2005

Focus to Improve Your Health by Getting Rid of Stress

I just finished my Zuma game. If you play on-line or other video games, you probably know the pogo.com site.

Zuma is a “marble” game. There are 4 puzzles and 4 levels. Each puzzle gets harder and each level is harder still.

To win, I have to focus. I have to be so absorbed in the game that I shut out all distractions. Whatever problems my mind is trying to deal with are pushed into a quiet corner. When the game is over, win or lose, I often find that suddenly the answers I need are right in front of me.

As I begin to move on to the rest of my day, I am both calm and invigorated. My body feels invigorated from the “exercise”. I have been chasing those marbles and shooting them down.

Those marbles are symbols for my problems. They become fat cells, and headache pain. They are bills and chores and deadlines. I pour all my energy into the game and in my mind I am defeating each and every obstacle.

I guess you could call it a form of meditation. The game is also a commentary of life. Sometimes, the game just won’t give me the right color and I lose. “Not fair”, I cry. Oh well, sometimes life is just not fair.

Sometimes you take all the right steps and “it” still falls apart. The flu suddenly shows up or a tire goes flat. Your ISP is down or you just can’t make that software do what it is supposed to do.

Raging against the “unfair” is a waste of time and damages your brain and body. The stress you create because you are feeling sorry for yourself because something went wrong – well that stress can make you sick. Stress weakens the body and invites the immune system to allow invaders to take up residence.

It is a documented fact that you can kill the invaders with your mind. So I give you permission to play an on-line game, or watch your favorite TV show, or read a few chapters in that book. Distract your conscious mind from the problem or the perceived problem. Allow your subconscious mind to deal with the problem in the best way possible. Open your mind to the possible solutions that your subconscious will give you.

Those solutions might be in a song that keeps going thru your mind. It might be in a chance meeting with another person or a phone call. It just might be that you can kill every one of those flu germs when you are playing that video game.

Afraid of spiders –have a laugh by checking out this wonderful blog.
www.home-herb-garden.com/herblog.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home