Monday, October 03, 2005

Fishing

Ok I admit it - I am a procrastinator. I started this particular blog on 10-3
and put it aside to finish later. Here it is the 19th and I just remembered
it because I started to do another article.

So I am going to finish all my saved drafts - if I can remember where I
was going with them.

This is about a great little company in Port Aransas that takes you out
deep sea fishing. They provide everything for about $75.00 a person.

My husband and youngest daughter (17) went out on the 8th. It was her
first time and she was a little hesitant about doing it. She worried about
becoming seasick - we gave her Dramamine. She worried about being
bored - she is 17.

I told her once she hooked a fish - all her fears would disappear in the
excitement of the moment and after the first fish all the fears of how
to do it would disappear with the experience.

Of course Momma knows what she is talking about.

Her very first fish was a shark - about 2 1/2 foot. Now she was just
as hooked on this sport as her father is.

Most of the fish that they caught the rest of the day had to be thrown
back because of size.

Still, my freezer is nicely stocked with Red Snapper and Shark. I even
have the jaw of the shark. It still hasn't been completely cleaned and I
am getting tired of looking at it. Do I leave it for her to finish cleaning
or do I throw it away. Those little teeth are sharp. I really don't want
to clean it.

If you are going to be in this area, check out the Dolphin docks. They
are in winter rates right now.

Dolphin Docks Deep Sea Fishing Port Aransas, Texas in the Gulf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home