Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The I Think I Can Weight Loss Program

I was reading a book to my grand daughters - The little engine that could. I bet you remember the story.

The little train breaks down and asks all the other big engine in the yard to help. They all turn away except one little engine.

As they start up the mountain the little engine is straining and begins to chant - " I think I can, I think I can, I think I can." Of course it gets to the top and begins to chant "I thought I could".

What has that got to do with weight loss? Everything.

If you start that new program or just return to the one that was working for a while - what is your attitude. Do you feel that it is a waste of time because you never lose weight or if you do you just gain it back? Do you beat yourself up and call yourself names because you have not achieved that perfect body?

"Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I shall have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it, even if I may not have it at the beginning."

Mahatma Gandhi


Notice what I think is the most important part of this quote - I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it-

Don't doom your weight loss program by negative thinking before you even deny yourself one bite of pizza.

Make it a simply statement - each day I am doing what I can to return my body to the perfect creation it started out as - one bite at a time, one sip of water at a time, one step at a time.

Cheers to even your smallest baby steps to success.

Sharono

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home