Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Change of Life


I find it fascinating that most people plan their vacations with better care than they plan their lives. Perhaps that is because escape is easier than change.

Jim Rohn
Author and Speaker


Change, what a big overwhelming mind stopping word. Is there a day that goes by that we do not in all earnestness declare that we will change? Maybe the statement is aimed at losing weight or stopping smoking or starting to exercise or eating healthy. Maybe it is an illegal drug or alcohol. Maybe it is depression or anger.

We read how to change or when to change or why to change. On a firm conscious level we accept the need for change but the powerful subconscious always agrees that we will change but not until tomorrow. Guess what, tomorrow can not come ---- it can never be tomorrow TODAY.

I would like to reprint something here.


The greatest stumbling block to achieving anything of importance in your life is circumstances. We let circumstances get us off the hook when we should be giving it everything we've got. More dreams are shattered and goals lost because of circumstances than any other single factor.
How often have you caught yourself saying, "I would like to do or have this but I can't because...?" Whatever follows "because" is the circumstance.
Successful people use circumstances to catapult them on toward their goal, while the masses use them as road blocks. A circumstance may cause a detour in your life but you should never permit it to stop you.

George Bernard Shaw is quoted as saying, "People are always blaming circumstance for what they are. I do not believe in circumstance. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstance they want and if they can't find them they make them."

Napoleon said, "Circumstances hell, I make them."

The next time you hear someone say they would like to vacation in Paris, or purchase a particular automobile but they can't because they have no money. Tell them they don't need any money, your reward will probably be a blank stare followed with, "What do you mean I don't need any money?"

Explain they don't need the money until they make a decision to go to Paris or purchase the car. When the decision is made, they will figure out a way to get the amount needed. They always do.

The circumstance they are using is one of the most common: a lack of money. The real cause of their problem is lack of decision. You always attract what you need when you decide it must be done. Try this yourself today. You know the task you have been putting off "because..." Make a decision, forget the circumstance or adopt Shaw's theory, but get it done!

Bob Proctor

Take action my friends. Don't just talk about it whatever it is. Stop boring your family and friends with your talk about someday. There will never be a perfect time. BUT there can be the delicious feeling of accomplishment when that small step is taken and the door is opened to a new life.

On a sad note, spammers have picked up my email address and are broadcasting some very unsavory emails as though they are being sent by me. I have contacted my provider and been told they can do nothing because the emails do not originate with roadrunner. My inbox is flooded with bounced emails. What disturbs me most is that my name is being used for such a dirty project. That is my honor and reputation they are trampling in the mud.

This circumstance has brought something to light for me. I now realize that some emails I get are not from the supposed source. Someone else's name is being used.

My personal email is being removed from my website. Instead I will use the website address. Some of you have my personal address in your email address book. Fine keep it and continue to use it. Personally, nothing makes my day brighter than to write a blog post or article and have people respond to it.

I want to end on a lighter note, so joke it is.

A tale of a jogger

You see there was this jogger. He was regular in his exercise and
quite punctual.

Every morning he'd follow the same route, passing the same bagel
cart. And each day he'd toss 60 cents onto the counter of the
bagel cart as he passed.

And, no, this does not define a yuppy jog-by coining...

One day he was hewing to his usual habit when he noticed that
the guy at the bagel cart had taken after him and was calling
for him to stop.

He stopped, waited for the bagel guy to catch up, and then said,
"I know, I know, you want to know why I drop 60 cents on your
counter each day, right?"

"No, that's not it," replied the bagel cart guy, "I just thought
you should know that bagels are now 75 cents each."

until next time - smile
Sharon
Answers for YOUR Health

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the inspiration, I could use it today! Sorry to hear
you are having problems with evil
spammers. It really is a crying shame how much damage they are doing.

All the best

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home