Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Turmeric to the Rescue

I really did not plan on taking the entire summer off. But, a combination of surgery for the youngest daughter, wedding for the eldest, taking out the back yard swimming pool, youngest daughter's trip to South Korea, drought and extreme heat - well I guess I have to admit I am not as young as I once was.

Still I managed to help move over 40 yards of dirt from the driveway to the back yard to fill in the hole that was all that was left of the pool.

My Turmeric was truly a blessing. Since it reduces inflammation, joints that had to deal with wheelbarrows and their contents managed to continue day after day.

All in all, I think the biggest problem we had, other than running out of money, was the heat. Afternoons were always over 100 degrees and we went thru cases of water and Gatorade. I will have some pictures of the pool destruction posted one of these days.

One problem I had with the Turmeric was when I ran out and purchased a cheap brand at the grocery store. Just did not do the same relief. After a trip to the health food store and a better (and more expensive) brand of Turmeric I am running up and down stairs and opening jars with ease.

I even got my husband to start taking the Turmeric for his elbow. He had been going to the doctor and getting shots. He says his elbow does not hurt except when he tries to lift something heavy. He has only been taking this supplement for 3 weeks. Good stuff.

I will do my best to get back in the habit of posting. There is still so much going on around here and I admit to going for days without turning on the computer.

until next time -- smile
Sharon
Answers For Your Health

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Ien in the Kootenays said...

Nice to see you in my mailbox again. I took the whole summer off from the computer as well. It was hot and busy. You always provide a good read. I love your combination of sound advice, humor, and common sense. In friendship,

9:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello,

my wife suffers from Arthritis and I just wonder if Tumeric might help.

Thank you for the information

Mario Pesce

4:47 AM  
Blogger sharono said...

Mario
yes I think the Turmeric will help your wife. The pain of Arthritis comes mostly from inflammation and the Turmeric should help keep that inflammation done. Also Arthritis is the immune system gone out of whack and Turmeric supports the immune system. If your wife is taking any prescriptions, she needs to talk with her physician about adding Turmeric -- I don't believe the physician will have any problem with it.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home