Saturday, May 02, 2009

ER, Pneunomia,and taking out the Pool

As usual it has been an interesting week at my house. Monday was the ER with my daughter and a severe gall bladder attack. They contemplated taking the gall bladder that day but decided not to as it was her first really painful attack. Her surgical consult is not until May 18, first available day but should she have another similar attack they would take it then. Finals at her college are this coming week so she won't be missing them anyway. She was given a script for Vicodin, thank goodness.

Because Thursday I was at the doctor myself. Wednesday night I was in such severe pain I could not lie down let alone sleep. Took a Vicodin, yes I know that is a no-no and managed to get about 4 hours sleep.

I had been outside watching my husband trying to cut the concrete apron around the pool we are taking out. I had inhaled some of the dust with a wind shift. Withing a few hours I could not take a breathe without pain in my throat and breastbone.

Ok so Thursday, doctor exam and ekg ( he said everyone should have a heart as healthy and strong as mine) and a script for an antibiotic. Doctor said antibiotic because of some infection in sinuses and drainage and lungs sounded gritty. Never heard that before. Gritty lungs. Anyway he was afraid I would develop pneumonia. Also told me I did not have the flu, and I told him I knew that. Whatever, I feel so much better and can breathe without any pain. Still feel weak as kitten so I am not doing anything to help with the pool.

My husband and two friends as taking turns using a jack hammer on the pool. I am taking pictures of the demolition. Once the pool has been taken down about 2 feet we will then fill it with dirt and hopefully within a month will have a green lawn instead of a concrete hole.

This post is a little long because I have some info on the flu scare. That is my concern -- don't be afraid. Just take the normal precautions, maybe some extra vitamin D and don't jump at the first pharmaceutical solution.

If you are interested in how they are trying to track the epicenter of the infection see this link.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124113876438075685.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Also a first rate article written by a doctor not just me and my alternative healing ideas.


Swine Flu - Really?
By [http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Dr._Daisy_Sutherland]Dr. Daisy Sutherland

Now if you do your research you will note that many of the deaths that have occurred have been from those who actually get the flu vaccination. And many more people have died resulting from the flu alone.

Also note that those more susceptible to extreme cases that may lead to death are the elderly or the very young. The reason behind this is because their immune systems are weak or not fully developed. As well as many deaths are noted in more rural or under developed areas where sanitation is an issue, (and yes, we have such areas in the US, sad to say).

It is important to remain healthy to avoid such illnesses. Read and be informed before falling prey to the media hype.

Basic things to remember, and notice I wrote basic:

Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water more than simply once a day

When coughing, please cover your mouth (Can you hear your mom's voice?)

Your diet should consist of healthy food, not simply fast-food or 'junk food'

Exercise, yes exercise will keep your immune system strong

Avoid the needless anti-biotics and immunizations if possible, remember the anti-biotics will not only attack the 'bad' germs but also the needed 'good' germs that actually help our bodies fight disease

Concentrate on being disease-free and don't cover up the symptoms

Umm...silly to note, but NO you will not get this strain of flu from eating pork

Please be informed, don't rely on the media. Remember this is being enforced by the government as well...and I really don't want to get political here, I'm just saying do your homework.

More people die from auto accidents, smoking and iatrogenic reasons (drug induced/dr induced) then they do from the swine flu.

Please stay healthy, do your homework, wash your hands and your body will be able to handle this illness if indeed it becomes a pandemic.

For more valuable health tips be sure to visit:

Dr. Mommy Health Tips http://drmommyhealthtips.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Dr._Daisy_Sutherland http://EzineArticles.com/?Swine-Flu---Really?&id=2287815

until next time ---- smile It is still a beautiful world
Sharon
Answers for Your Health

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home